Soup for your soul.
This is simply the best squash soup you’ll ever eat!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek, white portion only
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp of cinnamon or curry powder, or both!
- Sea salt and or dulse flakes to taste
- Freshly snipped chives
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut -side down on pan and bake at 350 F. until tender, about 45 minutes
- Chop carrot and leek into 1″ pieces and place in large pot. Gently sauté in oil. Do not brown.
- Scrape flesh from cooked squash and add to vegetables.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add apple and bay leaf and cinnamon or curry powder to stock mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and puree soup in batches. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chives and pumpkin seeds