Fall has arrived! And with it an influx of cozy sweaters, candlelight, good books, and pumpkin spice everything. This recipe for Pumpkin Spice Almond Milk is a great base to help you add that oh-so-addicting pumpkin spice flavour to baking, smoothies, overnight oats, and of course you can use it for healthy pumpkin spice lattes at home.
- 1 cup almonds (*I got mine from NutHut)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Soak almonds for 8 to 12 hours (it's easiest to soak them overnight)
- Thoroughly rinse almonds after soaking
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 3 to 5 minutes
- Strain mixture through a nut milk bag
- Makes 1 litre which will last up to 5 days in the fridge
Pumpkin spice latte:
Simmer the pumpkin spice almond milk on the stove top until heated through. Stir frequently to avoid burning the milk. It's delicious on its own or you could froth the heated milk in a blender and add to coffee.